Friday, July 08, 2005

Acts of Power and Love

"Let the beauty we love, be what we do." Rumi

Athena's spear and spindle in the imagery became a symbol of how I could use my talent, my art as an act of power and love in the world. Her strategy and craftiness were qualities that I could embody in a creative act. Centered in her feminine power and open heart, Athena holds her spear with focus and launches it in the air with centeredness and balance, letting it fly. Her spear soaring through the air and hitting the target straight on, like the arrow of Eros striking a lover's heart. The connection, the striking of the heart is love. The world is nourished by the love in the art, the beauty it beholds.

Thus, the idea of creating love and beauty through knitting was born. With a passion for sticks I decided to create a knitting foundation, HAUTE HEADS. Inspired by Debbie Stoller, the fabulous creatrix of Stitch n' Bitch, I began to create fun, elegant and irreverent solutions to "No Hair Days".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home